One thing that was missing was the “bambi script” on the side of the trailer. I think the script normally came with the ohio trailers, but I believe it makes a great addition!
The propane fridge hasn’t worked and I am committed to keeping everything original. After much research, I found an original fridge from 1961 in Texas and Wisconsin. That is a little far from California, so I was pleased when a similar model came up on craigslist recently. Unfortunately the fridge burner didn’t work but the cooling unit did. So I removed the cooling unit from the new fridge and put it in the old one.
New Astradome from inside
No, it really is an Astradome. The large fiberglass roof vent was one of the few options on the Bambi. Luckily, my Bambi has one. Unfortunately, it was the original one that had seen better days. The new ones are made out of Lexan and supposedly are much better.
Time to polish. The trailer needed to be sanded the skin is so bad. It has begun!
I have completed the interior – for now. But I do think it is done for all intensive purposes. I am taking the trailer to the coast this week and we will see how it does. We are also going to keep a list of things we need.
There are a lot of things I am coming across that I can’t just pass up. That is why it is taking longer than I thought. One example is below. The first picture is the old shelf and the second is the new shelf. I had to buy the lumber, cut to fit, sand, and stain it with two coats. The floor is almost done also.